Spring Cleaning

Granite Counters 008

I get super pumped about spring cleaning. Like if you hear some sort of maniacal joyous scream this weekend, that's just my spring cleaning war cry. I decided to start this weekend because I noticed my carpet was smelling a little musty and I wanted to die. I hate carpet, but alas, my house is 90% carpet. Here are some spring cleaning tips I gathered.

  • Freshen your garbage disposal - Run hot water, drop lemon peels down the hatch, and turn on the switch. Lemon, lime, and grapefruit rinds work too.

  • If your Tupperware smells like food - Soak plastic containers in warm water and baking soda overnight.

  • Freshen carpet - Sprinkle liberally with baking soda, then vacuum up a few hours later.

  • Make your stainless steel sink nice and shiny - Buff with a cloth dampened with club soda, then wipe dry with another clean cloth.

  • Clean the microwave - Wipe out any excess crumbs, and fill a microwave-safe bowl with about 2 cups of water. Put a fresh cut lemon half into the bowl after squeezing some of the juice in as well. Microwave until the water is boiling. Let it sit for a few minutes to let the steam penetrate the interior, remove and wipe down the interior with a damp cloth.

  • Mrs. Meyers Cleaning Products - This brand has been praised around the blog world forever, but I finally got around to trying it. (A good trick if you don't want to buy expensive cleaning products - get your mom to buy them for you.) The Geranium scented counter wipes have completely changed my life.
spring cleaning

No comments:

Post a Comment